Monday, January 22, 2007

whats in the bag

I believe that it is impossible for a person to tell if he has control over his life or if it is determined by fate because it is impossible for a person to determine what his fate would be. In real life humans do not have an oracle to tell them their fate(un-like in Oedipus Rex). Since it is impossible for me to know what my fate is or if fate rules, all I believe Is that I do have control over my future. I still try to live my life by certain morals hoping that fate is possibly determined from a "Karma" based theory. I am able to look back on past experiences and realize what I could have done better or worse. Some people believe that proves that fate exists. For example, if a person's goal of being a teacher fails, and he/she ends up working at a fast food restaurant, he or she might think this is fate. This person hates working in the fast food restaurant, but he/she keeps doing it because he believes that it is his fate. That person is doing wrong because there are so many opportunities in this world to find something he loves. This fast food industry worker could find something he/she loves and bend her possible fate. It is also possible that finding something else she loves after working in the fast food industry is her fate. That is an example of why a person cannot determine what his fate is, and if he has any free will.

3 comments:

Vladmir Brustashio said...

Dewitt! I liked that idea about karma rather than fate. I actually used it in my blog and gave you credit. I also liked your example of a fast food restaurant employee. It was crunk

your homie,
Vladmir

Good said...

De, I like the analogy to the fast food worker. The idea of karma is really good. I think I will model my life after this blog.

JudV said...

I like this blog because you present an idea different from both fate and free will, but present the new abstract idea of karma. However you are very vague with this idea and it would be better if you described how karma works. Also the analogy of how if a an employee of a fastfood chain found a new passion, that person could escape the fate of the grease pan. But how can they escape this fate? Give examples. Beauty school perhaps? Devry courses? Expand on your main topic ideas and you could win the peabody award.